Osteoarthritis new type of therapy: Invossa-K inj (treatment not available)
Osteoarthritis is a degenerative joint disease that unfolds most frequently with age, particularly in women. It affects knees, hips, neck and lower back most commonly. People with overweight, overuse of joints (ex. athletes) or after an injury is prone to develop osteoarthritis.
This joint disease causes inflammation, stiffness and pain, thus decreasing the joint range of motion. People with this problem may have troubles doing daily activities.
Osteoarthritis common treatments
There are three common ways to treat osteoarthritis:
- Non-pharma treatment: In South Korea some acupuncture and Korean Traditional Medicine therapies are available for foreign patients. Exercise and diets can help.
- Medical drugs for pain control: NSAIDS and prescription pain killers are normal. Doctors also recommend Intra-articular corticosteroid injections and intra-articular hyaluronic acid for advanced cases.
- Surgical procedures: Joint replacement, arthroscopic debridement from the joint, osteotomy.
- Coronavirus in Korea
- South Korea is the new destination for health tourism
- Flying to South Korea: COVID-19 regulations
This post is also available in: Русский (Russian)