Severance Hospital (at Yonsei University) was established by Dr. Horace N. Allen in 1885. One of the leading hospitals in Korea in the field of oncology and pediatrics.
It is the first medical institution established in Korea. During 133 years, this medical center has been the main hospital for local residents. For the past 8 years, it has been the best choice for international patients as well.
Severance hospital & Yonsei University
Top graduates from the acclaimed Yonsei Medical University join every year this top hospital. Medical research in collaboration with the university is a key factor for the high level of treatment inside this hospital.
Severance Hospital has a separate oncology center that was renovated 7 years ago. There is also a rehabilitation center, cardiovascular, ENT and children’s hospitals, an international health center and an emergency center. The entire complex has more than 3,500 beds and serves more than 4 million patients (outpatient and inpatient) annually.
Why to visit Severance Hospital using Medical Avenue's services?
- Preliminary phone call with a professional medical coordinator in English
- Direct and quick access to appointments with a doctor without unnecessary documentation
- Automated document transfer process: medical history and records (no need for Korean translation)
- Recommendations/information for doctors and surgeons
- Free organization of non-medical events (accommodation, transport, guide, telephone)
- Priority Services at the International Office for Medical Avenue
- Follow-up services after returning home (delivery of medicines, additional appointments, payment process)
Leading Departments And Centers At Severance Hospital:
- Department of Oncology – leukemia, brain tumors, lymphoma, sarcomas, etc.
- Department of Hematology – aplastic anemia, hemophilia, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, etc.
- Children’s oncohematology: foreign children and families from all regions of the CIS and the GCC, the Middle East and East Asia come here for the treatment of rare cancers.
- Ophthalmological Center: treatment of cataracts, glaucoma, uveitis, corneal ulcers, retinal angiopathy in hypertension, astigmatism and other eye diseases.
- Cancer Center: 15 floors with the latest technology and oncology specialists.
- Laparoscopic surgery, operations using the Da Vinci robot, tomotherapy, radiation therapy, chemotherapy.
- Health check-up center: 1-day medical check-up programs.
Top Severance hospital doctors that Medical Avenue has direct access to:
Chief Physician of the Department of Oncohematology
Specialization: leukemia, lymphoma, bone marrow and stem cell transplantation
Department of Pediatric Orthopedics
Specialization: cerebral palsy, deformity of the hand and foot, diseases of the hip joint, neuromuscular diseases, gait disturbance
Department of Pediatric Neurosurgery
Specialization: brain tumor surgery, epilepsy, hydrocephalus, diastematomyelia