Samsung Medical Center is one of the leading hospitals in Asia in the field of adult and pediatric oncology, as well as neurology.
Advanced medical technology
Since opening in 1994, this hospital has led the healthcare industry in South Korea. It is also called the White House Asia Pacific Hospital.
Best Cancer Research Center in Asia
The medical center has 1,979 wards, about 1,400 doctors and more than 200 inpatients per day.
With the completion of the second generation proton therapy and cancer center in 2014, Samsung Medical Center has become the largest of its kind in the country. In 2019, work was completed to expand the outpatient care center and medical college.
Why use Medical Avenue's services for your treatment at samsung medical center?
- Preliminary phone call with a professional medical coordinator in English
- Direct and quick access to appointments with your doctor without unnecessary documentation
- Automated document transfer process: medical history and records (no need for translation into Korean)
- Recommendations / information for doctors and surgeons
- Free organization of non-medical events (accommodation, transport, guide, telephone)
- International Priority Services for Medical Avenue Coordinators
- Follow-up services after returning home (medication delivery, additional appointments, payment process)
Top medical services at Samsung Medical center:
- Pediatric Center: The pediatric center has one of the highest survival rates in the world for treating neuroblastoma. The center has performed more than 1,500 successful hematopoietic stem cell transplant operations.
- Gamma Knife Center: Since 2002, this center has performed over 8,000 successful brain surgeries. It is the only center in Asia to have the Icon Gamma Knife (one of the latest cutting edge technology).
- Breast Cancer Center: Breast Oncoplastic Surgery offers a multidisciplinary approach to maximize treatment outcomes for patients of all ages. More than 20,000 successful surgeries have been performed at the center.
- Diagnostic Center: The center uses the most advanced technologies to diagnose the body. The center has developed special programs for foreign patients.
Top hospital doctors that Medical Avenue has direct access to:
Department of Surgical Mammology, Head Physician of the Oncology Center
Specialization: breast cancer, malignant breast diseases, surgical treatment of breast cancer
Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology
Specialization: neuroblastoma, brain tumors, Wilms tumor, childhood cancer, hematopoietic stem cell transplantation
Department of Otolaryngology
Specialization: adenocarcinoma of the salivary gland, oral cancer, benign disease of the salivary glands, head and neck tumors, head and neck cancer surgery
Organ Transplant Department
Specialization: liver transplant, liver cancer, benign liver tumor, laparoscopic surgery
Department of Neurosurgery
Specialization: deep brain stimulation, Gamma Knife (brain tumor, arteriovenous malformation, trigeminal neuralgia), brain tumors, Parkinson’s disease (surgery), hand tremors
This post is also available in: Русский (Russian)