The best doctors and reliable clinics for abdominoplasty in South Korea
Abdominoplasty in Korea
|Suitable for you if:||Excess fat, desire to correct the contours of the body, excess skin, “postpartum mother’s apron”, the need to tighten the abdominal muscles.|
|Surgery time||3-5 hours|
|Removing seams||On the 7th to 14th day|
FAQ about abdominoplasty in South Korea:
What is abdominoplasty?
Abdominoplasty is a cosmetic, invasive procedure to improve the appearance of the abdomen.
With this operation, excess fat and skin are removed from the abdomen. The connective tissues of the abdomen are strengthened, the remaining skin moves, creating a more taut and elastic appearance.
When is abdominoplasty recommended?
When you have excess fat in the abdomen, poor skin elasticity as a result of fluctuations in body weight, pregnancy, operations such as C-section, flabby skin during aging and a tendency to accumulate fat in the abdomen area.
Who is not suitable for abdominoplasty?
Women who are planning their pregnancy.
If you plan to lose a few kilos before surgery. Abdominoplasty is recommended AFTER weight loss.
Types of abdominoplasty in Korea
Mini abdominoplasty – surgery on the lower abdomen. If the skin has lost elasticity, for example due to pregnancy.
A small area of skin under the navel is removed. The operation is quite simple, the incision is carried out along the bikini line, so it is almost invisible.
The operation is often performed with liposuction.
Full abdominoplasty – not only fat and skin are removed from the abdomen, but also the abdominal wall muscles are tightened. This surgery is recommended when there is a lot of excess fat and the is skin is too stretched.
A long cross-section on the bikini line is necessary.
What are the inconveniences after the abdominoplasty?
- Immediately after the operation it is recommended to remain in rest. Even if you feel good, as after general anesthesia, you may experience dizziness and nausea.
- All patients experience pain after abdominoplasty – it is controlled medically.
- After the operation there will be a feeling of tightness, gradually these symptoms will pass. During the first 1-2 weeks do not make sudden movements.
- Before the operation, a urinary catheter is installed, it is usually removed the day after surgery. This is done because mobility on the first day after surgery is limited and it is difficult for patients to go to the toilet themselves.
- Drain lines are installed to remove liquid, depending on the volume of the released liquid they are removed during the 3rd to 6th day after the operation.
- After the operation, you must wear compression underwear until your doctor says so.
- It is necessary to take all medications prescribed by your doctor after surgery (painkillers, antibiotics, etc.)
- Try not to lift heavy objects and do not engage in active or traumatic sports for 4 to 6 weeks after surgery.
When can I start smoking again after abdominoplasty?
Smoking is prohibited at least 4 weeks before surgery and 2 weeks after. It is recommended to exclude the use of all nicotine-containing products (nicotine patches, chewing gums, e-cigarettes, etc.). Nicotine disrupts circulation, which can cause scars, as well as slow down the healing process.
When to shower after abdominoplasty?
It is usually allowed to take a shower on the 3rd or 4th day after surgery.
Is it possible to fly (go) alone for my abdominoplasty?
With abdominoplasty, as with any other surgery it is better if you are accompanied, at least during the first 2-3 days after the operation. After the operation you will need help, as your mobility will be limited: to move, go to the toilet, raise your hands up is usually quite difficult. After general anesthesia, patients often feel weak and dizzy.
If you still plan to come to the surgery alone, some plastic surgery clinics provide nurse services. Also, some clinics have a medical hotel with 24/7 medical staff on duty. Our coordinators will help you organize everything you need.
Will the fat come back again after the abdominoplasty?
After abdominoplasty, it is recommended to follow a right diet and to do exercise. In most cases, patients manage to keep in shape for a long time. We recommend to refrain from surgery if you are planning pregnancy and childbirth, as during the operation the abdominal muscles are tightened. Muscles can break again during your pregnancy and the result of the operation will be reversed.
What is the difference between liposuction and abdominoplasty in South Korea? For more information on liposuction in South Korea, click here.
Are you interested in non-surgical methods for weight loss?
Non-surgical methods for weight loss in South Korea:
Diagnosis of causes and predisposition to obesity. Creation of individual weight loss programs!
Share this FAQ page about abdominoplasty in Korea: