Korean Traditional Medicine treatment
Korean Traditional Medicine (KTM) treatment is gaining acceptance among larger groups of patients. Different from other Oriental “alternative medicine”, in South Korea, the Ministry of Health accepts Korean Traditional Medicine as an official medical field. The National Insurance Program also covers treatment at KTM centers.
Alternative medicine specialists in South Korea are graduated doctors with a full medical curriculum. Institutions like Jaseng Hospital are expanding their branches in America and other world regions.
Moreover, South Korea is the only country with alternative specialists regulated and controlled by official institutions, and divided in eight fields:
- Oriental internal medicine
- Oriental obstetrics and gynecology
- Sasang Typology
- Oriental pediatrics
- Oriental neuropsychiatry
- Acupuncture and moxibustion*
- Oriental medical ophthalmology, otolaryngology and dermatology
- Oriental rehabilitation medicine
*In the case of acupuncture, experts considered Korean acupuncture to be similar to Chinese. 80 to 90% of the trigger points are the same and just 10% to 20% are unique.
What services Medical Avenue provides for clients coming to South Korea for Korean Traditional Medicine (KTM) treatment and procedures?
- Medical data recollection and translation
- Free pre consultation with specialist
- Immediate appointment arrangements
- Complementary appointments at modern medicine institutions
- Free one-on-one translation at clinic
- Follow up plan (long term rehab)
This post is also available in: Русский (Russian)