Orthopedic treatment in South Korea
Orthopedic treatment in South Korea has several advantages for international patients: The most important one is the availability of minimally invasive methods. These methods reduce the recovery period and improve treatment’s efficiency. Therefore patients can go back home in a matter of days. Medical Avenue trusts and recommends 3 top clinics in Seoul. Head surgeons at all three clinics carry international accreditations and a high international reputation.
What services Medical Avenue provides for clients coming to South Korea for orthopedic treatment?
- Free pre consultation with surgeon
- Second opinion medical service
- Free translation during hospitalization and surgery
- Fast access to rehab centers
- Free airport-hotel transport (For surgery procedures over 10,000,000 KRW)
- Follow up with clinic for future treatment
What are the advantages of orthopedic treatment in South Korea?
Computer assisted navigation surgery: With the use of computerized tech, surgeons can maximize the accuracy of surgery to help reduce recurrence. The success rate goes up to 98%. Knee, hip and ankle are optimal for this kind of surgery.
Minimal invasive surgery: The incision range using this technique is reduced 50% for functional and cosmetic reasons. Pain and recovery are also minimized.
Biocompatible artificial joint: The materials Korean hospitals use for orthopedic procedures last longer and have better comfort for patients.
Minimal Invasive Spinal Treatment Clinics (MISTC): This spine surgery technique allows reducing complications, save normal disc tissue and minimize scars. (Not all patients are recommended this kind of technique).
In order to properly treat musculoskeletal diseases hospitals and clinics in South Korea offer a great level of specialization and cutting-edge technology.
Furthermore, orthopedic surgeons have a very specific clinical interest: In the main orthopedic medical centers surgeons perform around 500 surgeries per year on the same joints, bones or muscles.
Doctors’ innovative skills, assertive diagnosis and new methods, assisted by the latest medical equipment, have made orthopedic treatment less invasive and risky. Therefore, results are better and the period of recovery is shorter.
What are the most common orthopedic procedures in South Korea?
- Artificial knee Joint Surgery
- Cruciate ligament reconstructive surgery
- Partial knee replacement
- High tibial osteotomy
- Hip replacement
- Ankle ligament reconstructive surgery
- Shoulder ligament suture surgery
- Shoulder dislocation surgery
- Adhesive capsulitis of shoulder surgery
- Shoulder joint replacement
- Hip joint surgery
- Ankle joint surgery
- Hip joint osteoarthritis
- Ankle arthritis
- Shoulder tendon tear
- Plantar fasciitis
- Percutaneous endoscopic cervical discectomy (PECD)
- Percutaneous endoscopic thoracic discectomy (PETD)
- Endoscopic lumbar discectomy (PELD)
- Open laser-assisted lumbar discectomy (OLD)
- Total (artificial) disc replacement (TDR)
- Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF)
- Posterior and anterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF) (ALIF)
- Extracorporeal shock wave therapy
- Ultrasound guided injection