Care before and after blepharoplasty!
For plastic surgery procedures proper preparation and aftercare is just as important as the surgery itself. Following these recommendations will help you reduce discomfort, side effects, scars, as well as minimize the risk of unwanted consequences after surgery.
Korean plastic clinics have a number of protocols set to ensure your safety. At Medical Avenue, we also contribute to your wellbeing with additional layers of reliability.
Below are some tips from Medical Avenue coordinators on proper care after blepharoplasty.
Before your plastic surgery procedure:
- On the day of the operation at the clinic, you will have all the necessary tests: a general blood test, ECG, and other tests as prescribed by the doctor. This is done for the safety of patients to assess the state of their health and the possibility of surgery. As well as for the right use of anesthesia drugs.
- 3 days before surgery it is recommended to avoid salty and spicy food to reduce the risk of swelling.
- Let us know about all the medications, vitamins and supplements you take on a daily basis.
- 2 weeks before the operation you should temporarily stop taking medicines and food complements (multivitamins, antibiotics, etc.), herbal medicines.
- If you need to take prescribed (mandatory) medicines, you should report it to the clinic in advance.
- The day of surgery, patients who are constantly taking medical drugs for hypertension or diabetes should have them in the morning with a little water.
- Diabetes drugs are different, be sure to check with your surgeon about the possibility of withhold the medications before surgery.
- If you have asthma, you need to bring with you the inhaler and spray you use everyday.
- On the day of the operation it is necessary to stop eating food and liquids 8 hours before anesthesia (including water, gum, lollipops, etc.).
- Remove nail varnish on both hands (during the operation you’ll have sensors to measure your pulse and monitor breathing attached).
- Remove all accessories and piercings (the presence of metal accessories can cause burns when using certain types of medical equipment during surgery).
- Remove contact lenses (you can use glasses if necessary).
- It is recommended to stop smoking and taking alcohol 2-3 weeks before surgery.
- Be sure to tell your doctor if you had an allergic reaction to any medications or injections in the past.
- In most cases, after blepharoplasty, hospitalization is not required.
- Immediately after the operation and for 2-3 days it is recommended to apply a cold compress. Then, from the 3rd-4th day a warm compress to remove swelling.
- It is necessary to take all medications and use ointments as prescribed by the doctor after surgery (usually antibiotic, painkiller and a mix to protect your stomach).
- On the day of surgery you should rest. After sedative anesthesia you may experience dizziness and nausea.
- On the day of surgery, try to sleep on a semi-sitting position. The head should be above the level of the heart to avoid the appearance of bruises and swelling.
- Starting from the 2nd day after surgery, doctors recommend to have light walks to restore circulation.
- It is necessary to visit the clinic 3 to 7 days after the operation to remove the stitches. The doctor will also examine you.
- Avoid water into your eyes (you can wash with soap 1 week after surgery).
- After surgery DONOT rub your eyes, engage in active sports, swim, go to the sauna, sleep on your stomach for 3 to 4 weeks.
- Light make-up is ok 2 weeks after surgery. However, you should avoid waterproof make-up until fully healed.
- For Medical Avenue customers: We offer free procedures at all our partner’s clinics to work the swelling and bruising!
Possible inconveniences after plastic surgery:
- Inflammation, bleeding and itching can occur in rare cases.
- Pain or pulling sensations, bruises. Even after 1-2 weeks.
- Swelling can last 3 to 4 weeks, depending on individual characteristics.
- Asymmetry: it is impossible to achieve 100% symmetry! Our eyes all have different shape and size, even functionality.
- Scars can last up to 1 to 2 months after surgery. Scars may be visible for that period, gradually they will take the color of your skin and will not be noticeable.
It is necessary to strictly follow the doctor’s advice after surgery and take all prescribed medications to reduce the risk of side effects and inconveniences. Medical Avenue is not responsible for the outcome of any plastic surgery procedure at any point. This information should be taken as a reference and it is NOT meant to be a medical advice of any kind. The clinic and doctor of your choice should provide you additional information directly related to your case. Our medical coordinators are alway available to assist you!
Пластическая хирургия в Южной Корее стала популярным направлением для иностранных пациентов.
Клиника VIEW– это клиника пластической хирургии общего профиля, основанная в 2005 году.
За последние 5 лет число иностранных пациентов в Южной Корее возросло более чем на 60% в год.
- Coronavirus in Korea
- Preparation and post-operative care for anti-aging and facelift
- Preparation and post-operative care after mammoplasty
This post is also available in: Русский (Russian)