Asan Medical Center in Seoul, is regarded as the leader in liver and kidney transplantations. Physicians at the Hepatology and Nephrology departments have world-wide reputation.
Over the years they have lead the way on living donor transplantations around the world. Per year, the center has around 300 liver living donor transplantation surgeries (LDLT). No other hospital in the region accounts for more LDLT and DDLT combined.
Asan Medical Center has 2,700 beds and receives an average yearly of 11 thousand foreign outpatients. Most of them come from USA, China, Russia, UEA and Kazakhstan.
Centers of excellence inside Asan Medical Center:
- Organ transplantation Center: Minimal incision surgery expert
- Asan Cancer Center: Over 18,000 patients per year
Top doctors Medical Avenue has direct access to:
- Dr. Sung Gyu Lee (Liver transplant, hepatology, one of top liver surgeons in the world)
- Dr. Jae Won Lee (Cardiology, expert in heart surgeries using DaVinci Robot)
- Dr. Duck Jong Han (Nephrology, pancreas and kidney transplantation)
This post is also available in: Русский (Russian)