The most exciting activities and places for summer in South Korea!
After more than 2 years, COVID-19 restrictions are finally fading away in Korea. This means international travelers can visit Korea this summer and enjoy the many available attractions. Whether they are coming for a One-day check up program and then a week full of fun. Or having some plastic surgery procedure and relaxing at a 5 star hotel, at Medical Avenue, we are ready to help them!
During summer, Korea sees high temperatures and humidity. The good news is A/C is everywhere. More important, cultural venues, pools, waterparks and terrace cafes are open for business. Not to say that Busan, Gangneung and Jeju Island are at their best!
Here, we’ll try to leave our recommendations on what to do during summer in Korea!
Calm and Fresh Seoul
If what you are looking for is a calm but joyful environment after a plastic surgery procedure or skincare treatment. Then, hotels and shopping malls are for you!
- Lotte Seoul + Avenuel + Young Plaza + Hyundai Mall Yeouido + IFC Mall
- Four Seasons + IPark Yongsan + Hyundai Mall Yeouido + IFC Mall
- Lotte Jamsil + Lotte Mall + COEX Mall Starfield
- Signiel + Avenuel + COEX Mall Starfield
- Andaz Hotel + Galleria Mall + COEX Mall Starfield
Medical Avenue offers a fixed corporate rate for our clients at the hotels mentioned above.
Hot and trendy Seoul
One-day full check up is done and you are looking where to eat, drink and play? Here are a few ideas for a full day of fun:
- Foreigner neighborhood: Itaewon and its posh neighbor Hannam are 24 hours open for pleasure. Top restaurants, pool parties, trendiest cafes and boutique shops are enough for one day to remember. If you have time, go to the top of Namsan Tower and see Seoul from above.
- Gangnam style: Cheongdam-dong is the place to find the top Michelin stars and recommended restaurants. But its no less fancy neighbor Garosu-gil doesn’t stay behind. Apgujeong Rodeo has more speakeasy bars than we can list, all of them full of charm. Adding a touch of culture and tradition, the Bongeunsa Temple beside COEX is a must around Gangnam!
- The upcoming fighter: Seongsu-dong is the new rising star. Unique, most of the times small and cozy terrace cafes, restaurants and shops fill out this neighborhood across the river from Gangnam. Additionally, the Seoul Forest is one of the best places for nice promenade.
The most popular touristic attraction in Seoul is the astonishing Gyeongbokgung Palace, a place of tradition and spectacular architecture.
It’s the main and largest palace of the Joseon Dynasty. It was house to the royal family until the beginning of the XX century. Moreover it’s considered the most beautiful one among the five great palaces that were built during the Joseon period.
Water under the sun: Waterparks in South Korea
Trendy places are nice, but summer is about water and festivals, and “Summer Splash” at Everlend Park has it both. Activities, parades and surprises are set in place for residents and tourist to enjoy whole days of fun. Try playing with the water cannons or escaping from them!
One of the best summer places that you shouldn’t miss in Korea is the water park “Caribbean Bay”. This entertainment park is the biggest of its kind in Korea. Inside there is not one single ride that could leave intrepid visitors indifferent. Excitement is guaranteed! Beside the rush and heart-pounding attractions, people can also find seating areas to play with little kids, surrounded by small pools, children slides and snack bars.
Coming to South Korea in summer should be fun and useful! Here is the deal: you come for a one-day medical screening, you rest one more, and the next morning you are on your way to explore and experience this enigmatic country rich in culture and modern entertainment.
A beautiful summer in Korea is waiting for you! Let us take care of the rest.
Additional: Experience a Temple stay in South Korea!